- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Senior Manager - Facilities and Hospitality Services
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager - Facilities and Hospitality Services reports to the SVP of Property Management, Corporate Services Division and supports the department's strategic goals by assisting Moody's Lines of Businesses (LOB) with facility needs, coordinating facility operation activities, including working with the outsourced facility management team with all maintenance and repair activities, assisting with minor facility projects, and space planning activities
- Responsible for continual communication / interaction with the building landlord(s), facility managing agent(s) and Moody's department managers relating to the conditions and appearance of the facilities. Liase with outsourced and in-house facilities staff and ensure continuous service to building(s). Address necessary issues to keep unsatisfactory performance, disruptions, and discontent to a minimum. Maintain effective two-way communications between you and the Corporate Services Department and every LOB
- Responsible for assisting the SVP of Property Management with the oversight of the third party food services contract which includes a full service employee use cafeteria and seating area, conference center including outsourced reception staff and Conference Center Manager and staff pantry food and supplies
- Provide support to business operations in coordination with other members of the Corporate Services Department staff in New York, for the following functional areas: (i) Business Continuity and Corporate Security, (ii) Procurement and Sourcing, (iii) Real Estate and (iv) Project Management
- Provide support to the SVP of Property Management during the development of the annual operating plan and budget and end of year forecasts for the properties, subject to the approval of the Moody's senior management. Review and approve or review and submit for approval invoices related to the operation budget for the facility. Review monthly accruals and gather variance explanations from the outsourced facility management team
- Assist with vendor management and budgetary requirements
- Create purchase requisitions and enter supplier invoices to accounts payable for regional facilty management related tasks including key outsourced suppliers for cafeteria, catering, facilties and security services
- Assist with the oversight of the outsourced facilities staff in the selection of contract services , development of specifications, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-today monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement
- Provide 24/7 emergency response and backup support for operational staff in handling on-call facilities emergencies as well as ensure compliance with security policies and practices, especially related to physical security of facilities. Maintain corporate compliance with all local workplace/facilities regulations
- Have the ability to work independently on approved minor projects for the facility, while reporting results to the SVP of Property Management and the Corporate Services Real Estate Group. This will include coordinating all the vendors on minor project work and facility operations related to projects. Projects could include densification efforts, expansion projects, minor infrastructure upgrades or other related facility projects. Must be competent in understanding project purpose, scope, size, schedule, budget and user needs
- Support Moody's Global Business Continuity Department by assisting in the design and implementation of exercises to test emergency management systems and business continuity plans. Participate in crisis management and business continuity planning. Supports corporate wide contingency planning/business continuity efforts. Coordinates communication with the facility staff during testing of business continuity plans. Supports recovery effort in time of disaster
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, up to an including senior managers
- Coordinate communications related to facility information with the Global Corporate Communications Department. Must have excellent written communication skills and the ability to produce focused, concise communications to distribute to the appropriate audience
- Act as a liaison between vendors and the site for issues and concerns arising from purchasing operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Must have experience and be familiar with the space planning tools in any CAFM Software
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to multitask and work without direction supervision
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative style needed
- Three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.