Senior Market Intelligence Strategist - Research & Insights
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The Senior Market Strategist is responsible for collecting, analyzing and monitoring key insight from market participants as well as demand and competitive trends that affect one of Moody's Analytics' key businesses. The market strategist's findings and recommendations are primarily used by senior management to:
- Design and create new products and services and enhance existing ones
- Respond appropriately to key market trends that affect the business
- Identify potential growth opportunities with existing customers or in new customer segments or new markets
- Support partnerships / M&A and investment activities
- Educate the wider business
- Own and drive our so called "customer at the core" programme, which puts customer insight and feedback at the centre of our product/service development process
- Analyse and keep abreast of key market trends and the competitive landscape affecting MA Content Business' customers and offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats as well as to devise the most appropriate business responses
- Design and execute primary and secondary research on customer feedback, market trends and the competitive environment to inform the product development process
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders at various levels of seniority, being able to tailor messages to the different audiences
- Forge close partnerships with relevant product owners and key players across the product development process
- Forge close and collaborative relationships with the other division across MA and beyond MA to ensure maximum impact is achieved
- Guide individuals to evaluate various types of financial, customer and market data; develop detailed analysis and models to synthetise information, extract insight and develop recommendations
- Guide cross-functional teams in implementing and monitoring the execution of the customer-centric market intelligence programme
- Lead initiatives to ensure the smooth running of the team and increase awareness of the team across the organization
- Available as a resource to other team members for guidance
- Viewed across the organization as a valuable and accessible resource on their area of expertise
Qualifications Qualifications: Technical
- Superior ability to design and execute market research
- Proven ability to synthesize research and data to develop and test products and services as well as business strategies
- Solid experience with project planning and project management with proven ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Experience working with data & analytics and utilizing that information to drive tangible recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and research capabilities, with ability to deal with data/information analysis
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities, Determines and identifies specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions
- Ability to develop ideas and business plans for new products, services and strategies.
- Ability to condense ideas, analysis and concepts into concise and impactful presentations, and presents to management in clear manner
- Ability to consolidate work from multiple team members into a single document with a consistent voice.
- Ability to manage multiple individuals and projects at the same time.
- Good working relationship with senior executives and managing and developing senior key stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary/cross-functional project working groups
- Work independently or in a small team setting against tight deadlines.
- Superior time management ability and demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consistently strives to deliver beyond expectations.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in a strategy, product strategy, or market research role in financial services industry or serving the financial services industry
- Involvement in/understanding of product development is a plus
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in a business-related discipline, graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) preferred
- Good understanding of global capital/credit markets, including knowledge of markets, products and trends from a strategy, planning and product development perspective
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.