Senior Mobile Engineer - Consumer Mobile
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. The Consumer Mobile team is responsible for the iOS and Android platforms. We build mobile apps that are carefully constructed, performant, and delightful to use. What's in it for you:
You will lead mission critical projects that impact engagement, subscriptions, and ad revenue in collaboration with our hardworking designers and product managers. You will work closely with the Shared Services, Web, and Data Science teams to develop new features. You will work with a passionate team of engineers who are committed to our mission. You will leverage React Native to deliver a consistent experience across iOS and Android. You will cultivate deep expertise in React Native and have the opportunity to contribute to open source. You will be part of a culture of high quality engineering practices, continuous learning, and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to attend and speak at the most sought after mobile engineering conferences.
You'll need to have:
- Build, test, and iterate on new methods of storytelling
- Write clear and maintainable code
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast moving team
- Be passionate about app performance (speed, memory, battery usage) and user satisfaction (we're aiming for 5 stars, minimizing bugs and crashes, and improving UX - we have a usability testing lab onsite)
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience building mobile applications (iOS or Android)
- React native and/or iOS skills are preferred.
- A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- An interest in understanding user behavior using A/B tests and analytics and how that drives product design and decisions
- Experience with React Native, JSX, TypeScript/Flow, Jest, and/or Redux
- Experience with a variety of iOS or Android frameworks
- Expert understanding of app analytics, debugging and monitoring tools, multithreading, networking, and push notifications
- Contributions to open source projects
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.