Senior Originator- US Banks/FIG
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.02 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,050 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has developed a robust $47+ billion alternatives platform. With over 15 years of alternatives experience, PIMCO has incorporated the firm's investment discipline and unique sourcing capabilities with alternatives-specific talent and resources. PIMCO offers a diverse set of hedge fund, risk premia, private credit and real estate strategies that emanate from core PIMCO capabilities across global macro, quant, commodities, credit, residential and commercial real estate markets.
PIMCO is expanding its team focused on origination in the US. As such, PIMCO is seeking to recruit a Portfolio Manager who will focus on originating assets being sold by US banks, setting up forward flow arrangements for newly originated assets and CRT transactions. The successful candidate will work with other portfolio managers who are sector specialists in the investment analysis and execution of such transactions. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Originate asset purchases, forward flow agreements on newly originate assets and CRT transactions from US banks.
- Execute/direct trades to achieve those objectives.
- Contribute to the broader PIMCO investment process by contributing relevant market color and independent investment views and analysis.
- Support existing client franchise by working with account managers to update existing clients on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Ability to develop thoughtful strategies for sourcing credit risk from banks that meet the objectives of specific funds.
- Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Credit Research Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
- Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies. Manage external relationships to PIMCO's advantage and to effectively leverage PIMCO's brand to source risk.
- Effective client presentation skills. Ability to articulate PIMCO philosophy and process and support new business franchise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of investment banking or capital markets experience covering US banks.
- Strong relationships with the CFOs and Treasurers of US banks.
- Experience in sourcing transaction.
- Strong client facing skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- A collegial work style and an ability to work collaboratively.
- Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride/ownership of work and desire to win.
- Ability to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office