Senior Physical Security Technology Specialist
Security Operations is responsible for providing best in class security and protective measures in order to safeguard employees, properties and assets against criminal acts, terrorism, workplace violence, loss and safety concerns. The department is comprised of dedicated professionals with experience in public safety, law enforcement, defense and corporate security.
The Security Operations department is looking for a highly motivated team player to join our Security Technology team. The Physical Security Technology Specialist provides technical support and coordination of physical security systems as well as the oversight and maintenance of those systems. This role requires in-depth technical project management experience and a willingness to learn.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performer to take on increased responsibility and help take our security to the next level. You will be trusted to:
You'll need to have:
- Plan, design, test and implement complex integrated and networked access control and video systems.
- Develop project plans, budget and lead projects, including vendor and contractor activities
- Manage multiple and simultaneous projects and re-prioritize for unplanned critical work
- Conduct extensive security system audits and job walks for various types of facilities
- Coordinate the installation of hardware and software and evaluate compatibility, functionality and suitability of completed installations
- Monitor vendor and contractor work on security installation projects to ensure compliance with specifications
- Maintain security systems, hardware and applications
- Investigates, troubleshoots and resolves systems and hardware issues
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 5-7+ years Security Industry experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and ---CCTV/IP video surveillance systems, intercom, visitor management and network devices
- Knowledge networking technologies and information technology principles
- Demonstrated project management experience in both large and small scale projects
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to function in stressful situations
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentation, facilitation, and organization skills required
- A dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Experience or certification in C-Cure 9000, Genetec
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.