Senior Quantitative Researcher/Data Scientist
We are looking for a Senior Quant Researcher to:
• Sourcing, preparing and analyzing datasets for relative value trading signals in equity and credit and turning those signals into actionable trading strategies and front-office tools
• Working collaboratively with fundamental analysts, portfolio managers and capital allocators to design new strategies/investment signals, generate investment insights and systematize discretionary investment processes
• Creatively leverage new data sets and data science techniques to generate returns and manage portfolios
• Proactively leverage quantitative techniques and build tools to make our portfolio and risk management, capital allocation and fund marketing more data-driven
• Contribute to building a research infrastructure that allows for fast iteration and insight generation
• Leading and managing junior quants/data scientists and data engineers
We are the Investment Engineering team within the hedge fund unit of UBS. Our team leads the quantitative and data science effort directly for the Chief Investment Officer and our mandate is to enhance risk-adjusted returns for our fund investors through the use of quantitative and data science techniques.
Your experience and skills
• Graduate or advanced degree in a relevant quantitative discipline with CFA favorable
• Relevant work experience of 5-10 years related to the above mentioned responsibilities
• Track record of proactively using quantitative techniques to generate returns and manage portfolios
• Strong grasp of quantitative finance techniques including econometrics, portfolio optimization and factor models
• Knowledge of machine learning including dimensionality reduction, tree-based classification/regression and (deep) neural networks
• Strong coding skills in Python, R and/or Matlab as well as data bases like SQL/Hadoop. Experience with Tableau or other visualization software beneficial
• Experience building and maintaining quantitative research infrastructure
• Understanding of fundamental investment research in equity and credit markets
• Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.