Senior Release Engineer - BLAW
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search and analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Our team is responsible for facilitating the deployment of high quality software to our clients as quickly and frequently as possible. Our environment is innovative and agile, which makes it imperative to deploy new features to production every day. As a Senior Release Engineer, you will be responsible for building CI/CD-related tools and supporting and enhancing our Kubernetes backed PaaS. You will also be working directly with developers, to use these tools to drive operational maturity by automating builds and deployments across the environments, which in turn support the Bloomberg Law application platform. If DevOps, Software Engineering, and Continuous Delivery interest you, then look no further.
We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Facilitate the end to end delivery of our software by automating configuration, build, deployment, and monitoring, so that teams can deliver business value quickly and reliably.
- Design and develop systems specifically as it pertains to cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, service mesh, and Terraform.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes, including integration of test frameworks with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Implement tools and processes to support quality metrics and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Coordinate with Product Owners, Development teams, QA Engineering & Testers on release
We'd love to see experience with:
- 3+ years overall experience with web or service development
- Experience building and running containerized software (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools
- Familiarity with public cloud infrastructure and best practices
- A work environment that is highly collaborative, values individual productivity and facilitates continuous/daily software deployment to end users
- Modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Webpack)
- Server-side web frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Django, Express)
- Service development in Go, especially relating to Kubernetes
- Supporting production Kubernetes infrastructure
- Building test and deployment workflows for teams
- Cloud-native technologies (e.g. Envoy, Helm, Prometheus, Terraform)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.