Senior Software Developer - Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (Consultant)
The Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (SDAE) team develops and maintains software used by Bloomberg Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) which includes the Bloomberg Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT). The team also writes and maintains software with a wider set of stakeholders to map out and analyze traffic between network boundaries. Our Mission:
With a continuously evolving threat landscape it is highly critical that the software powering our CSOC be very agile and react quickly. This is an exciting opportunity to:
- Write and maintain software for the CSOC to aid in all aspects of detection, prevention, response, incident management, and configuration management.
- Migrate existing software to newer technologies and platforms while maintaining functionality and stability
- Integrate with commercial, open source and home-grown technologies and APIs
- Be able to write modular software with complex requirements
A qualified candidate would have experience with the following languages, technologies, and processes:
If this sounds like you, apply!
- JS Frontend Frameworks: React, Angular
- Database technologies: MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres
- Messaging: Kafka, MQ, Pub/Sub, SOAP, REST
- CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Travis CI
- Willingness to learn new languages and frameworks and evolve with the team
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.