Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 15 Dec 18
Senior Software Engineer
- Lead an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Collaborate with the BA/SQA on the project to assist ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Product Owner to review the business requirements, and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Architects in the group by providing their input into the overall Solution Architecture.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams such as Infrastructure and App Support to provide the necessary hardware and software requirements of the solution.
- Effectively transition products that are delivered to Operations for enabling customer support.
- Mentor and train junior developers in the group.
- Demonstrate leadership in not just finishing their tasks but removing technical impediments for the team members.
- Understand and implement the Agile Development approach and assist the Technical Manager in issue resolution and escalation.
- Promote a culture of proactive problem solving and innovation through implementation of cutting edge techniques and technologies in the development group.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise with programming languages, programming techniques, web development technologies and use of databases.
- Expertise with Java EE container services for web applications as well as high performance automated and batch operations working with large data sets.
- Expertise in working with JDBC and coding procedures, functions and triggers using SQL through Java
- Expertise with relational database concepts, Graphical User Interface, and service oriented architecture.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies
- Experience in the automotive domain strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.