Senior Software Engineer - Access Control & Security
The Access Control and Security Engineering team is responsible for ensuring proper security measures and risk management throughout the company. We manage a suite of applications, ranging from data classification, data security/protection, incident management, to general physical security such as access control in company facilities. Our team is seeking a self-motivated senior software engineer with an interest in designing solutions for complex development environments and implementing scalable architectures to improve overall security throughout all levels of management in the organization.
In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to identify critical problems and develop robust solutions with high resilience requirements. The business areas include but are not limited to our privileging management and checking system, employee badge system, visitor management system, crisis/incident management, and emergency mass notification system. If you love owning critical systems and are passionate about using the technology that's right for the job, please apply below! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be the owner of the product - you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player- you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate- you're passionate about our diverse set of users and products
- Be proactive- you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
We'd love to see:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++)
- 3+ years of experience with a relational SQL database.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Professional experience with Python
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dev-Ops.
- Database schema design, performance optimization skills and query tuning
- Experience with web services, XSD/WSDL, SOAP, SOA and micro-services architecture
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.