Senior Software Engineer - BQuant Signal Research
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. Where does BQuant fit?
We're BQuant, a new and fast-growing group within Bloomberg. We are building a platform that opens Bloomberg data, analytics and visualizations to a more tech savvy client base of data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative analysts. We enable our clients to access Bloomberg data programmatically, and to conduct signal research and build trading strategies with our data. Our service provides a unified environment where clients can implement and test their hypothesis, and then share and deploy their code with ease. In short, we empower the entire industry with tools that are currently only available to the largest banks and hedge funds.
Signal Research is a brand new team within BQuant that is responsible for the workflows clients use to construct and analyze market signals. In other words, our workflows help clients identify predictive market signals for scoring individual securities, and use those signals to build portfolios and develop trading strategies. We are looking for entrepreneurial senior engineers who can own the development of quantitative client-facing libraries as well as backend services. Join our growing team today, and help us take BQuant to the next level! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop libraries for building signals and analyzing their predictive power.
- Develop distributed compute environments for running resource-intensive quant jobs.
- Partner with product managers and CTO to identify client needs and design solutions.
- Help us grow our team and foster an inclusive, collaborative and collegial culture!
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated ability crafting intuitive and expressive client-facing APIs.
- Experience developing and productionizing quantitative products.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with engineers, quantitative analysts, data scientists and product managers.
- 5+ years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language in a production system.
- A BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience building quant research or data science platforms.
- Financial domain experience across multiple asset classes.
- Familiarity with quant analyst and data scientist workflows.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.