Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Law Kubernetes
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through sophisticated search and analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Our team is responsible for facilitating the deployment of high quality software to our clients as quickly and frequently as possible. Our environment is innovative and agile, and we deploy new features to production every day. As a Senior Software Engineer - BLAW Kubernetes Platform, you will primarily be responsible for developing and supporting our proprietary Kubernetes-backed CI and deployment platform. You will be working with a wide array of stakeholders; with application and service developers to improve the platform to meet the needs of our engineering teams, and to drive operational maturity by streamlining both on-prem and public cloud deployment workflows ; with our QA team to identify, implement and integrate effective testing solutions and workflows; and with business and product stakeholders to ensure effective communication of deployment-related events and statuses. You will also work with the team to continue to reduce administrative and operational tasks and to eliminate the use of off-the-shelf tooling like Jenkins, and will be counted on to help develop our own tooling, to support and control our robust and disciplined deployment workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate the end to end delivery of our software by automating configuration, build, deployment, and monitoring, so that teams can deliver business value quickly and reliably.
- Craft and develop systems specifically as it pertains to cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, and service mesh.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes, including integration of test frameworks with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Implement tools and processes to support quality metrics and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Coordinate with Product Owners, Development teams, QA Engineering & Testers on release
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years overall experience with web API development using modern server-side frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Django, Express)
- Familiarity with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and deployment tools (CI/CD)
We'd love to see experience with:
- A work environment that is highly collaborative, values individual efficiency and facilitates continuous/daily software deployment to end users
- Running or supporting containerized software in Production (e.g. on Kubernetes)
- Service development in Go, especially relating to Kubernetes
- Building test and deployment workflows for teams
- Cloud-native technologies (e.g. Envoy, Helm, Prometheus, Terraform)
- Public cloud infrastructure and standard methodologies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.