Senior Software Engineer - Customer Web Portal (Contract)
We are building the next generation of the Bloomberg Customer Service Center aka Customer Web Portal. The portal is an external client-facing, web-based "one-stop shop" portal that our global Terminal and Enterprise Data clients use to manage various aspects of their dealings with Bloomberg. The portal is composed of several micro-sites that allow our clients to place Terminal orders, digitally sign contracts, view billing/accounting information, enter support tickets and manage a slew of Enterprise Data applications like data reporting, real-time exchange feed entitlements and admin user provisioning tools. The portal leverages modern web technologies and is built to support a high volume of our 65,000+ customers 24x7 across the globe. Geared towards providing consistency and unification across our Bloomberg web properties, besides the core portal, one of our squads is dedicated to building reusable feature-rich Web Widgets like landing pages, global header & footer, support tickets with auto-answer, SSO-based site switcher and more which our portal consumes.
Being a key contributor throughout the entire SDLC, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with product owners, business counterparts, and clients to understand their needs and craft our product vision accordingly. You will be required to think creatively and bring cutting-edge technologies in house.
We'll trust you to:
We'd love to see:
- Collaborate directly with business product owners
- Design, develop, demo and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of products and its technical solutions
- Bring in best-in-class open-source technologies
You'll need to have:
- Professional experience developing at all levels of the application stack (frontend/UI, middle/Services and backend/Database)
- 3+ years of experience building GraphQL or REST APIs using Node.js or Python or C# .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with No/SQL databases with thorough understanding of SQL and ORM
- Higher education (B/MS, PhD) in Computer Science or closely related technical field
- Knowledge of web application security and threat mitigation techniques
- Experience with different internet browsers, their versions and idiosyncrasies
- Experience in Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Knowledge of virtualization, containerization and orchestration tools (Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing, and deployment tools (Jenkins, Webdriver.io, Jest)
To better understand you and your interests, we'll probably have you go through a few rounds of discussions with our team members. These might involve showing us your work through current pull requests, reviewing one of our recent commits and providing technical feedback, or having a technical design discussion with us.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.