Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console Platform
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise level applications for B2B products that are critical to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg's internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor and alert on connectivity and software resources within client data flows provided as part of Bloomberg's Enterprise Integration suite. We provide clients the ability to self-service their configuration and monitoring needs through our web application ( https://console.bloomberg.com ).
The Enterprise Console team provides our clients and various Bloomberg business lines a platform with self-service capabilities for their applications. To ensure that these applications are successfully integrated with the platform, we are shifting from manual and a centralized automation QA experience to a more source based model which is driven by various engineering teams. This is where the Quality Engineering team steps in where one of the focal points is to provide a workflow-driven testing framework that empowers the engineering teams to write BDD style tests and help mimic their data flows. Technology Stack:
Cloud - Bloomberg's Managed Cloud (Openstack)
Build tools - sbt, Maven
Deployment - Docker, Jenkins
Testing Tools - Cucumber/JBehave, Selenium WebDriver/RC, Serenity BDD
Version Control: GitHub
UI Frameworks - Angular 6, React Your responsibilities:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute to ECPaaS as well as other key Enterprise Console initiatives by building workflow automation frameworks - enhancing existing modules and writing new ones that integrate with various other systems
- Consider how to provide self-service automation tools so that app teams can write their own end-to-end tests within them
- Conceptualize and deliver solutions that can help improve the productivity and quality of the entire Enterprise Console team- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience as a Software engineer building testing framework - Demonstrated experience programming in Java building scalable, re-usable, high performance software
- Demonstrated experience building self-service platform used by other engineers
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or other frameworks
- Foundation in computer science fundamentals with particular expertise in data structures, algorithms, and design
- Professional experience as a Software engineer architecting testing framework software as well as automating test scenarios
- Experience with a variety of automation test tools like JUnit, JBehave, Spock, Cucumber etc.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid
- DevOps experience
- Familiarity with working in Agile / Scrum teams
At Bloomberg we are very proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.