Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Trading Network
We are reimagining and rebuilding the core components of Bloomberg's Enterprise Trading Network (ETN) using cutting edge techniques, technologies, and tools. Our products are next generation platforms connecting thousands of cross-asset class liquidity destinations around the world with global buy-side traders. We are not just looking to build out evolutionary improvements; we're starting a revolution that offers the performance, capacity, and flexibility to take our business in formerly unimaginable directions.
In this role, you will be joining a team that drives the architecture of Bloomberg's Order Routing and Pre-trade products. Our mission is to design and build leading-edge platforms that are unmatched in the industry. You will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment where your contributions make a direct impact on the team, product, and global market. Your work will help to shape our infrastructure for many years to come as we transition to better distributed high-performance architectures that deliver speed and reliability by design. We work primarily in C++, but we believe a smart engineer can learn any language with some ramp up time. If you're from a different OO background but you're willing to learn C++, we still want you to apply. We have opportunities in all phases of the SDLC, so if you want to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges, apply today. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Rapidly absorb new technologies while building domain knowledge
- Learn to solve for consistency, high availability, disaster recovery, and scalability in a distributed context
- Build high throughput and low latency service-oriented applications
- Collaborate with both product and infrastructure teams throughout Bloomberg
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years development experience in C++ or Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and communication
- Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Familiarity with distributed open-source infrastructure such as Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Interest in learning about and writing asynchronous event-driven software using coroutines (Boost ASIO etc.)
- Familiarity with automated unit, integration, and system testing, particularly in containerized environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Are you excited by these challenges and have a passion for technology? If so, we want to talk to you!