Senior Software Engineer - Insights Relevancy
Insights are a groundbreaking new way for clients to approach their workflow in the terminal. Instead of memorizing many different mnemonics and functions, clients have the ability to surface related, and potentially hard to discover, content where and when they need it within their day-to-day workflow in platforms such as Instant Bloomberg Messenger, Bloomberg Mobile, Launchpad, etc. Our clients can easily and swiftly dive further for more context to make critical financial decisions.
The Insights organization's mission is to make discovering the breadth and depth of impactful financial data available easier and quicker for finance professionals. IPaaS (Insights Platform As A Service) offers suggestions (known as insights) based on the context of the client's current workflow. An insight is a carefully crafted auto-generated short sentence. Similar to a well-written news headline, an insight communicates the bottom line without the need to read the whole story. Insights often come with clickable links, abstract text, and other metadata to provide even more information, analogous to reading the full body of a news story.
The Insights Relevancy team creates and manages Insights reusable UI components as well as Insights scoring model, which is used to rank Insights by relevance. Reusable UI components make it easy to embed insights into terminal functions and launchpad. Scoring model is needed in order to bubble up insights that are likely to be of the biggest interest for the user.
We are seeking an engineer interested in improving end user experience with insights. This includes finding more different ways to visualize insights as well as exploring various ways to rank insights by relevance including both rules-driven and machine learning approaches. We'll trust you to
You'll need to have
- Collaborate within the team, with sister teams, with Insights Product, and with external stakeholders
- Take ownership of the technical direction
- Drive engineering best practices and quality within the team and sister teams
- Mentor individuals on the team and sister teams
- Identify bottlenecks and design strategies to address
We'd love to see
- 5+ years experience using C++ and/or Python
- Strong architecture and design skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (verbal & written)
- Strong ability to understand business requests and convert into technical deliverables
- Experience with React
- Experience with machine learning or data science
- Experience with cluster management
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and systems, such as Jenkins
- Experience with Streaming technologies (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in an "Agile" environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, PI)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.