Senior Software Engineer - Price History
Our team is looking for senior software engineers with large data set processing experience to join an innovative team of C++ developers. Our team provides the application data platform used to store and retrieve financial instruments pricing and related data which can be used within various Bloomberg analytics, charting and presentation functions. We work closely with multiple businesses and Engineering teams to design and develop our infrastructure systems to satisfy their ever growing needs.
In addition to building the infrastructure and interfaces that allow for data integration into dozens of analytical functions within the Bloomberg terminal, we also provide a common framework of standard APIs and services for various application teams across the firm to that they can leverage Price History data in their functions as well as increase the value-add to our clients. It should be noted that our various federated systems take advantage of Bloomberg technologies like BAS, COMDB2 and GUTS as well as big data technologies like HDFS/HBase, Kafka and Spark.
Hence, we are looking for extremely driven software developers interested in working in a focused engineering team to deliver a best-of-breed highly available distributed data platform that is one of the cornerstones of Bloomberg environment data platforms. With that in mind, the engineers that we are looking for must have experience in design and development of high performance object-oriented solutions using C++ and/or Java. They are motivated, team-oriented individuals with excellent communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in shaping the next generation product and to become an expert in the domain. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Solve highly complex problems within current platform constraints
- Engage with the open source community as needed to address current and ongoing challenges
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and business stakeholders to implement and deploy optimized workflows
- Mentor others, share working knowledge and contribute to team growth
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC while using GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins and Google Test/Mock
We'd love to see:
- At least 3 years of C/C++ programming experience (Unix/Linux)
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with large data set ingestions and retrievals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience building highly modular code
- Working knowledge of big data related technologies like HDFS, Kafka, Spark
- Financial data knowledge is a plus!
If this sounds like you, please apply! Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.