Senior Software Engineer - TS Trade Feeds Team
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next generation trading applications and systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg's enterprise trading clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset Enterprise Trading Platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to position, P&L and trade life cycle.
As the Real-time Feeds team, we work closely with AIM and TOMS on the Billions of $ that move between Bloomberg and its ~2000 clients for Trades and Positions. We implement robust Feeds infrastructure with focus on throughput and reliability, as these are critical attributes for our clients. We service the majority of the world's top investment institutions and demand a highly distributable and performant environment.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, support and enhancements of client facing integration services in response to client requirements and changing industry trends. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable and scalable applications in a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You will be working in close contact with experienced technologists in the team and across the Bloomberg organization. The team operates in a very agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team`s time-to-market objectives. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years of Financial application development experience
- Development experience on Linux or UNIX Operating systems
- Hands on development experience with C++ or Java
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong technical problem solving skills and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Kafka, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using JIRA
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.