Senior Software Engineer - Trading Systems Real Time Feeds
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next generation trading applications and systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg's enterprise trading clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset Enterprise Trading Platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to position, P&L and the trade life cycle.
In the Trading Solutions Real Time Feeds team, we work closely with Bloomberg's order and execution management systems (AIM, TOMS, TSOX, etc.) to facilitate our clients' online trading activity, from ordering, through execution, to reporting. We are currently developing the next generation of these systems, deprecating older technology and implementing a robust infrastructure with a focus on throughput and reliability - attributes critical to our clients' needs. We service some of the world's top investment institutions, and aim to increase our market share in the coming years, so a highly scalable and performant environment is key to future success.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation & support of the feeds infrastructure as well as enhancements to the client facing integration services in response to client requirements and changing industry trends. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable, and scalable applications in a very fast-paced environment. You will be working in close contact with experienced technologists in the team and across the Bloomberg organization. We operate in a very agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Hands on development experience with C++
- Experience with Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Strong technical skills in problem solving, data structures, algorithms, and OOP
- Experience building scalable systems with focus on code quality, system telemetry and testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Hands on experience with Python
- Familiarity with XML, JSON, and/or FIX data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, and using JIRA
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.