Senior Software Engineer - Vault Admin Systems
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That's where Bloomberg Vault comes in. We are comprised of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance to provide a single platform for more than 1,000 organizations customers. Our clients use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
IAM (Identity and Access Management) is at the core of Bloomberg Vault's Business. Leveraging a broad portfolio of Bloomberg technologies, the underlying systems are designed to securely store user identity, permissions, and account-level configurations. Our team provides data access through Services and APIs that's widely integrated to Vault's Archive and Surveillance systems. We are also responsible for data and activity-based enterprise billing as well as the critical control systems over Bloomberg's communication platforms MSG and IB.
We are starting an ambitious multi-year plan to re-architect major components, unify data storage into single storage, and move away from scheduled batch jobs into real-time event processing pipeline using modern ETL & Orchestration tools. What's in it for you:
As a Senior Engineer in Vault Admin Systems, you will work in an agile team passionate about the Vault Application and ensuring it is secure and accurate. IAM (Identity and Access Management) is the core of Bloomberg Vault's Business and it is built by Bloomberg technologies. IAM is the underlying system databases designed to securely store user identity, permissions, and account-level configurations. Our team provides data access through services that's directly integrated to Vault's Archive Searching and Communications Surveillance. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute in defining the overall architecture of the system and design of the various components involved against a stringent data quality standards
- Take ownership of business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet customer needs
- Collaborate with other teams on a mission to unify all data access for IAM behind strongly authenticated and always audited read/write data access
We'd love to see
- 3+ years of experience developing client-facing products with Java or C++ at production scale
- Understanding of how to design reusable API and accurate implementation in Micro-Services architecture
- Working knowledge storing complex data models in relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience implementing enterprise backbone systems of account-level configuration, user identities, user permissions, billing models, and data access audits
- Expertise applying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery to production
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.