Senior Software Engineer (Open to Remote)
OPIS, part of IHS Markit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible. YOUR ROLE
Currently OPIS is looking to expand its .NET software development team based in the US. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that will become an important part of global OPIS IT. This team will work closely with the OPIS IT HQ based in Gaithersburg, US. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, build and deploy code
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Be part of an Agile team, using company's latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it
- Maintains existing legacy applications
- Track down and resolve bugs in any OPIS code base
- Adhere to best practice development standards (such as continuous integration and deployment)
NICES TO HAVES
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of C# and Microsoft .Net framework
- Good understanding of a relational database engine - SQL Server (or Oracle)
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
- Worked with .Net Core
- Understand modern Cloud architectures (preferably AWS)
- CI / CD pipelines in Azure DevOps or TeamCity
- Agile methodology and/or SCRUM experience
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.