- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
The Location: New York, NY
The Role: Associate, Global Business and Product Management - This role sits within the Global Business and Product Management team and is responsible for providing support to Sales in an effort to drive client engagement, operationalize new product development and extend existing products. The role is also responsible for working with the Commercial, Technology, Data and Operations groups from within organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Product Solutions for the practice.
- Actively participates to support senior members of the team in Product Solutions activities.
- Develop and deliver Sales tools to support Innovation revenue goal (e.g. Translate feedback into new products or extensions, publish talking points on industry trends, infographics, explainer videos).
- Works with product development and marketing teams to support existing and prospective clients. Performs day-to-day tasks for clients. Assists with inquiry into new opportunities via a variety of outreach and research techniques. Incumbents are expected to have frequent discussions with clients to gauge satisfaction and adherence to service level agreements.
- Works with product managers and other specialists in fulfilling key aspects of a market-driven product management process. Will support product managers with go-to-market and sales channel support in anticipation or preparation for product/platform launches or upgrades. Will work closely with various internal partners to design and implement procedures for new product releases/launches as required.
- Provides analytical capability around client adoption efforts for a given product, platform or service. Product analysts are charged with becoming well versed on one or more product specialties, and then applying that expertise to support the following efforts: pre-sales product/platform discussions, demonstrations, implementation & project planning; post-sales onboarding, training, conversions, configurations, integration and transition to client services groups for further support. Assists in providing ongoing support to clients for a specific product as it relates to modeling, conversions, customizations, etc.
- Provides analytical support and recommendations based on research for specific projects or engagements undertaken by the product/platform teams. Supports market share and mindshare goals with the use of data or analysis performed by this role. Must be able to perform research and analysis independently.
- Assist with due diligence on specific opportunities or potential partners. Assists & provides technical/SME and analytic support for creation of new product business plans. Manages the project planning for product/platform development initiatives with internal & external constituents (inclusive of market and operational activities). Provides business-specific and SME insights.
- Assists with performing analysis, research, modeling, etc. as part of various proof-of-concept activities including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of the specific product capability. Gains exposure to a broader set of MHFI capabilities.
- Supports user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Applies general knowledge of product design principles and theories developed through education or past experience to best complete assignments. Is becoming well versed on one or more product/platform specialties, and then uses that learning to support new or existing clients.
- Has basic understanding of the structure, drivers, and needs of specific market segments as well as specific content sets, tools and analytics and delivery options.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Provides on-boarding support and solves problems related to product/platform implementation issues or concerns.
- Interacts with prospective and/or existing clients regularly on a variety of issues related to the product(s) that are being supported. Interacts with Marketing, Sales/Client Services, Technology and other Product teams to identify opportunities and challenges related to products/services as well as support for general inquiries.
- Impacts the results of the team and the product(s)' reputation with clients internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Degree in Finance, Math or Engineering preferred.
- Exposure to markets relevant to product specialty. Skills in basic analytical tools such as MS Excel, statistical packages, data query tools; as well as basic understanding of the all other MS office products.
- Preferred 2-3 years work experience with 1-3 years relevant industry experience
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.