Senior Specialist, Business Systems Analysis – Technology/Custody
- Support custody and cash business domains representing all areas of Global Custody and Cash Technology.
- Work with internal (and external, as needed) clients to translate business requirements into developer usable functional specifications within the framework of the Custody Modernization effort.
- End to end responsibility for planning, managing and delivering projects, including business specifications, functional specifications, technology builds, testing (functional, user and client), training and communication, organizational readiness, client migration planning and execution
- Establish and manage relationships with project sponsors, stakeholders and participants from Product, Technology, Operations, Client Service, and partner organizations members to identify areas for technical and operational improvement
- Follow-up on outstanding action points raised during project meetings and ensure the coordination of projects throughout their life-cycle including gathering requirements, working on the implementation schedule and organizing testing pre-release.
- Develop and support project plans through strategy development, project definition, and implementation, particularly for the adoption of any user tools
- Write and gain sign-off on business requirements, functional specifications, and user stories ensuring that any proposed solution has been syndicated with the relevant parties prior to implementation
- Contribute to scope planning to go-live based on Agile methodology including ABC phase planning, backlog grooming, stories definition and sprint/iteration planning including stakeholder and executive stakeholder meeting for status and actions.
- Identify opportunities to automate workflow.
- Review industry best practice for workflow.
Skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Experience in the financial services, banking or custody (preferred) industry with product and change management experience is a plus.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills is required.
- Working knowledge of Visio and SharePoint is desired.
- Experience with the Blueprint business analysis tool is a plus.
- Experience in process flow analysis/mapping.
- Strong project management experience.
- Delivery and ownership focused.
- Ability to analyze business models/practices and identify innovative solutions.
- Interface with all levels in the organization from senior management to process participants.
- Effectively communicate key messages, and simplify complex business situations.
- Ability to influence senior management to adopt change to current practice/process.
- Previous navigation of a global organization and ability to prioritize competing objectives.
- Organized and efficient with ability to work within small teams or as an individual contributor, within reporting deadlines.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Industry knowledge and experience working in Custody, Fund Services, Securities Lending, Collateral Management or Prime Brokerage is preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: