Senior Technical Architect
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jan 18 2018-01-24
A Brand new fintech startup, in stealth mode, incubated within a financial solutions firm, a global fintech company with a market cap of over $10B and a leader in fixed income technology. Their mission is to bring greater trading efficiency and instantaneous market intelligence to complex financial marketplaces. This activity will introduce an innovative machine learning framework, drawing on our unparalleled pool of transaction history, that will power the way illiquid fixed income securities are transacted in the future.
Led by a group of successful fintech innovators, they are now putting together a top-tier development team to build an entirely new next-generation multi-asset trading platform. If you are highly talented with a passion and drive for both technology and financial markets, you should consider this opportunity. You will help shape the next generation of global financial markets.
- Create an entirely new real-time Trading Platform using modern software design paradigms and creative matching algorithms
- You will focus on reliability, performance, and adherence to open standards
- Build reusable back-end services for trading in multiple asset classes
- You'll utilize open source and commercial products and frameworks for messaging, data persistence, clustering, etc.
- You will respond quickly to user feedback and continually refactor the code as the product evolves
- Ensure all elements of the code are covered by automated tests
- 5+ years' experience building large-scale distributed systems with a focus on high performance/high availability
- 7+ years in software engineering
- Test Driven Development and Agile environment using the latest code revision and continuous integration tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, multi-threading, functional and object-oriented programming and distributed systems.
- Troubleshooting and debugging complex, distributed java applications in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of core Java (Java8) and JVM tuning techniques
- Working knowledge of Web protocols: TCP, HTTP, Websockets, REST
- Experience building messaging-centric asynchronous systems using well-defined protocols
- Experience using third party libraries, frameworks, and technologies for data persistence, caching, threading, messaging, and other uses
- Passion for programming is a requirement
- Experience building and architecting trading platforms
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Trading systems experience
- Significant contributions to open source projects or interesting code on GitHub
- Experience with SQL and relational database design, MySQL or other databases
- Experience with messaging systems like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, or similar commercial products
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
- You possess a deep sense of pride and will do whatever it takes for your team to succeed
- You know how to optimize code for performance and memory usage.
- You think hard about a problem before you start writing code.
- You like to write beautiful code