Senior Technical Consultant / Software Engineer – Financial Markets IT
- High, commensurate with experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Search
- 13 Nov 18
Excellent high-profile client facing technical consultant role, with a high growth enterprise systems fintech at the forefront of technological innovation for the financial markets. Looking for a solid software engineering background combined with strong customer facing consulting skills.
Our client is a well-respected, rapidly growing and dynamic global fintech provider of enterprise solutions and next generation infrastructures to the financial markets, that has established global operations and a client base of top tier investment banks, asset managers and exchanges etc. They continue to rapidly grow given the strength of their leading-edge technology solutions and market position, and consequently appointing a technical consultant to provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the business development team.
Working as an integral part of the sales team, your technical and software engineering experience will be challenged in order to scope, design and present technical solution proposals and proofs of concept etc for next generation market infrastructures.
Appropriate candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Strong all-round computer science / technical knowledge and experience, including software development / engineering using a functional programming language (i.e. either Java, Python or Scala etc). The role involves some front end development & back end integration work as part of developing technical proof of concepts and designs for customers.
- Good knowledge of enterprise infrastructures / software architectures and server based solution environments.
- Ideally your experience will be within the financial markets, working for another technology provider, systems integrator, consultancy, or within the IT department of a financial institution.
- Ability and to work in a client facing role alongside sales, which requires strong communication skills and someone comfortable presenting complex concepts to others.
- Show initiative, creative technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a very positive and entrepreneurial team culture.
This is certainly a superb career opportunity in a high-profile fintech industry role at the forefront of technological innovation for the financial markets, where your contribution to the companies continued global expansion will also be noticeable and your career can grow with them.
Key words: technical consultant, software engineer, software developer, programmer, technical sales engineer, solution architect, technical pre-sales consultant, systems consultant, implementation consultant, architecture, integration engineer, market infrastructure, java, python, scala, web services, cloud, capital markets, financial markets.
Excelsior Search - Specialists in International Executive Search & Recruitment for Capital Markets FinTech Providers.
Since 1999, Excelsior Search has been a trusted executive search & recruitment partner to financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers within the global capital markets and investment management industry. With a very clear market focus, deep sector expertise and global experience, Excelsior as a talent acquisition partner has a capability the more generalist executive search and recruitment companies cannot provide within the capital markets fintech sector. To learn how we can help you hire the best industry talent quickly and cost effectively or advance your career in this sector, please feel free to contact us for an initial discussion.