- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18
Senior Technology Sourcing Specialist
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Moody's Global Talent Acquisition department supports over 10,000 colleagues globally. The team is aligned into 3 regions (US/Americas, EMEA, APAC) and focused on attracting, engaging and acquiring diverse high quality talent for Moody's.
As the Technology Senior Sourcing Specialist you will be responsible for sourcing and identifying qualified candidates for technology positions across Moody's businesses, serving multiple client groups across the US/Americas.
You will work together with the recruiters and hiring managers in their client groups and with other recruiting team members to provide best practice talent identification and sourcing service. You will execute sourcing strategies to identify and attract high-quality talent for the business/region.
Your essential responsibilities will include:
Talent Sourcing Delivery
- Providing value-add sourcing advice to recruiters, hiring managers and key senior leaders/decision makers to influence and persuade talent decisions and strategies
- Demonstrating understanding of talent needs of hiring managers and job requirements to assess candidate quality, skills and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
- Reviewing resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation
- Strengthening existing and identify new sources of hires and develop relationships with external top performers who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Demonstrating labor market expertise for the markets in which you recruit
- Analytical ability to understand the business need and the job specification, and to assess the fit of potential candidates
- Approaching potential talent in a strategic, focused way to create a dialog that attracts talent to consider employment at Moody's
- Proactively researching and investigating innovative and cost effective sourcing strategies. Developing and executing sourcing strategies to identify and recruit potential new hires
- Sourcing active candidates from online databases, internal databases, contact lists and employee referrals
- Sourcing passive candidate leads through internet research, networking, cold calling and market presence
- Maintaining a focus on the sourcing of diversity candidates, to continue to build and develop the diversity of the Moody's workforce
- to position requirements
Recruiting Strategy & Marketing
- Recommending and communicating recruiting strategies, including sourcing and talent acquisition strategies; recruiting tools and processes; talent mapping and systems.
- Implementing external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Strategically develop and implement localized advertising campaigns (Internet, Intranet, newspapers, etc.). Evaluate campaign value based on cost effectiveness and ability to attract top-level candidates
- Implementing and maintaining reporting and analytics to track the successes of direct talent sourcing, with sourcing metrics to include source of candidate, source effectiveness, and diversity
- Gathering and analyzing competitive industry information regarding salary, talent availability and market trends, and advise recruitment and management appropriately
- Partnering with Recruiters, regional business leaders, and other key stakeholders to analyze staffing goals, identify talent needs and/or gaps associated with those goals, and develop and implement programs to find the right talent.
- Demonstrating understanding of the organization's business models, operations, financial goals, competitive position and talent strategy
- Building strong two-way relationships with recruiters and hiring managers to provide market intelligence, feedback on the Moody's employment brand, and to ensure high-level service delivery
- Leveraging Moody's employment branding and social media to attract the best talent
- Proactively researching and investigating trends and innovative sourcing techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition
- Location: NYC, San Francisco or Virtual
- Undergraduate degree level education required.
- 4 + years of broad, diversified recruitment experience
- Experience working as a Talent Sourcer in either a search firm, agency or corporation specializing in technology positions
- Subject matter expertise in sourcing through social media channels and internet data mining (including Boolean searches)
- Significant experience sourcing/screening for software engineers and technical roles, knowledge of latest technologies and nomenclature
- Technology market information to help design effective strategies to attract IT candidates
- Experience within the financial services and/or software industries, advantageous
- Presenting to and influencing hiring managers
- Excellent interviewing, assessment, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion
- Handling volume sourcing and multiple priorities
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) essential, Kenexa 2xBrassring, advantageous, along with other specialist recruitment software (eg. Avature, Linked In Recruiter, Talent Neuron and / or others)
- Trained and skilled in recruitment and sourcing systems and tools
Non technical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills - articulate and numerate
- Builds relationships, team player, adaptable
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Takes initiative, works pro-actively, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.