Senior TypeScript Software Engineer (Contract)
The EMSX Market Access team builds critical trading software for the world's biggest institutional firms. We provide investors the ability to connect to an extensive network of 3000+ brokers and offer brokers the necessary workflows to manage their client flow effectively. Traders depend on our products to execute critical trades that move the financial markets around the world. With more than a trillion dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on speed.
We are currently rebuilding a premium trading application on top of our Cross Asset Trading System infrastructure, and we need your help!
We use TypeScript as the primary programming language while leveraging various industry-standard technologies such as React, Redux, Kafka, Solr, and Redis.
Due to the complexity and risk of our products, we value code quality to the utmost and practice Test Driven Development (TDD) in the team. We use industry-standard testing frameworks and require 100% code coverage.
Complete CI/CD automation is another main driver of the team. We believe that the developer's time should be spent on creative tasks while any repetitive and mundane work should be automated by machines. What's in it for you:
You'll need to have:
- Participate in building mission-critical trading applications using cutting edge technologies
- An opportunity to participate in building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and real-time systems with the goal of being able to process millions of transactions daily
- You will have access to Bloomberg's wide array of training resources where you can learn everything from machine learning to how financial markets work
- You'll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and build software that helps shape their future direction
We'd love to see:
- An intermediate level of expertise in TypeScript
- A good understanding of basic concepts of unit testing and a willingness to practice TDD
- Robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- A desire to learn and be challenged to come up with creative solutions to complex engineering problems
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Recent programming experience in TypeScript
- Experience in React and Redux
- Interest in adopting open source technologies to the team
- Experience developing workflow-driven applications
- Experience with high throughput, low latency, and high availability distributed systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.