Shipping Associate – Banking
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
We are a global European bank with a growing NY office. We seek a corporate banking professional with 2-3 years of relevant experience to join our exciting Shipping Desk.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare and analyze financial and collateral information of all current and prospective borrowers.
- Provide support to Relationship Managers in order to streamline the process of on boarding new customers and maintaining credit-worthiness and monitoring of the existing portfolio.
- Assist in preparation of credit proposals.
- Spread financial statements and analyze.
- Create financial analysis reports (excel) for portfolio reviews intra-team.
- Shadow Relationship Managers & assist where able (i.e. call reports, research etc).
- Perform special ad-hoc projects for the Team.
- Ensure compliance and operational risk controls are in accordance with ABN AMRO.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Two to three years relevant working experience.
- Experience with financial modelling and knowledge of asset backed financing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride in the work you submit, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Interest in business relationships, business development and marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).