Software Application Developer / Engineer Lead
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Software Application Developer / Engineer Lead
The Role: Application Developer. S&P is seeking a New York based application developer as a key player to the implementation and support of its re-balancing platform. This will involve the implementation of re-balancing methodologies using python as well as improving the platform's overall framework. The candidate should actively evaluate new products and technologies to build solutions that can streamline business operations. The candidate must be a delivery-focused person.
The Location: New York - 55 Water Street
The Team: You will be part of global technology team comprising of Dev and BA teams and will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and level 2 support.
The Impact: You will be working on one of the various technology platforms that is responsible for calculating re-balancing weights and asset selections for S&P indices and providing them to business users. This includes enhancing platform components and introducing new index methodologies into the platform.
What's in it for you: You will have the opportunity to work on enhancements to existing index calculation methodologies as well as implement new methodologies as required. You will initially be a key player on one of our vital index re-balancing platforms and eventually become a cross-functional team member across all of our applications.
- Design and development of python applications for SPDJI
- Responsible to performance in a cross functional capacity including Documentation, Coding, Testing, De-bugging & level 2 support.
- Work directly with stakeholders to formalize/document requirements.
- Work on new initiatives and provide level 2 support for existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Reduce IT efforts by developing automated tests.
- Effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Quantitative Finance is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 3 years plus of IT experience in application development and support preferred
- Strong Experience with python.
- Experience with User Interface design & development using AngularJS
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity and indices/benchmarks.
- Experience with windows and linux based servers.
- Experience with software testing.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience with databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiency.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.