Software Development Manager of Securitized Products
- Base plus bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Oct 18
The Director level position will lead a team of developers to develop a best in class pricing tool for securitized products. This role will be a mix of leadership, design and architecture and hands on development.
MSCI is opening a search for the Software Development Manager of Securitized Products. Candidates for this position should have extensive, hands-on experience in the design and development of large scale, high performing analytics services to price mortgages. This position requires expertise in building a complex, distributed system, one that achieves high levels of performance and scalability as it processes a large amount of data with dynamic updates. It also requires deep knowledge of the techniques used to price a wide variety of Securitized Products, including RMBS, CMBS, ABS, CLOs, etc.
In this role you will manage and lead the technology team as a player/coach that is responsible for designing and enhancing MSCI’s C++ based service that prices Mortgages and other kinds of Securitized Products.
You will be responsible for improving existing pricing modules and developing new components that enable the MSCI risk and performance platforms to process Securitized Products more efficiently.
In addition to managing the team you will code upgrades to Securitized Products libraries to improve the accuracy of pricing models, to support new methodologies for calculating risk and return, and to enhance the performance of both the Securitized Products Analytical Service and the larger systems of which it is a part.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years hands-on financial industry experience working with object oriented languages
- Strong experience developing with C++
- Experience developing components that can price mortgages in an accurate manner.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in the area of Fixed Income Analytics and technology
- Experience in supporting Front-Office and trading desks
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop large scale, distributed data intensive analytics services
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of messaging, middleware, caching and data storage technologies
- Industry experience in design and implementation of automated regression test frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small to medium sized development team (5-8 members)