- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Software Engineer-Core Java-Middleware
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Moody's Integrated Bus (MIB) team. In this role, you will be working with another Software Engineer, responsible for both hands on development as well as overseeing vendor resources. You will also be participating in and consulting on the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple software development projects of various sizes & complexity. The candidate will have a proven ability to work within a team to help drive technical projects in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment.
- Have hands-on experience designing and developing software with Java/J2EE (including JMS), and IIB/MQ based service bus, in a consistent process-oriented manner.
- Conduct design and code reviews, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices, including performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and high quality.
- Have experience providing technical leadership to development teams to ensure development of solutions within established architecture and coding/technology standards.
- Provide technology and design thought leadership to internal groups
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple efforts and projects and deliver solutions
- Participate in cross-training exercises, including application development knowledge transition planning and delivery
- Participate in cross-departmental groups for the purposes of standards development, third-party tool evaluations, community of professionals, etc.
- Participate in Production Support Escalation if necessary for high-severity issues
- 8 or more years' experience as a software engineer
- Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences
- Strong experience with Java 1.7 / Java EE 6 and above.
- Experience developing reactive distributed applications, real time data pipelines and streaming applications, large-scale data processing applications, and Microservices.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Spring Framework (required), Hibernate (required), Kafka, Apache Spark, Akka, Play framework, Lagom, Hadoop.
- Experience developing applications running in JBoss application server; familiar with Jboss EAP 6.3.x and above.
- Experience with message driven application development using JMS on IBM MQ or equivalent.
- Experience developing web services using SOAP & REST
- Knowledge of SOA application development using ESB such as IBM IIB or TIBCO.
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux platform. .NET experience a plus.
- Object oriented design and development; ability to create design artifacts using UML such as object & data models, sequence and state diagrams, etc.
- Experience with software change and configuration management processes and tools, such as Subversion, Git, Jira
- Experience with software build technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Sonarqube/Coverity and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with TOGAF a plus.
- Database experience developing and designing SQL code a plus (Oracle, Sybase, ANSI SQL)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.