- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 16 Oct 18
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
Legal, Compliance and Corporate Governance Technology provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firm?s resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior. Support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
The Legal, Compliance & corporate Governance Technology Cross-Organization Special Projects team is a team, of Software Engineers that builds and develops systems and capabilities across multiple compliance functions. The team typically focuses on critical, regulatory, cutting edge cross-function projects that span the organization.
Members of the team are required to have:
- A broad skill set as well as the ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly to add value across a diverse portfolio of systems and technologies
- Robust software engineering background covering architecture, design, development, testing , infrastructure and support
- Ability to build systems that not only meet functional requirements but that are also built on an architecture that delivers the right quality of service
The team is currently looking for multiple candidates that meet the following criteria:
- Passion for hands-on software engineering work and building high quality software systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hands-on software engineering
- Bachelor?s degree in an engineering discipline
- Good software architecture and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Reasonably diverse skillset covering as many of the following technologies as possible
o Strong understanding of data analysis and relational database design
o Familiarity with some architectural and design patterns
o OS: Linux, Windows
o Programing Languages: Java, Python, C#
o Frameworks: Spring, .NET
o RDBMS: DB2, Sybase, Oracle, SQl Server
o Big Data Technologies: The Hadoop stack
o Scheduling tools: Autosys, Control-M
o Source Control Tools: Subversion, Perforce, Git
o Service architecture patterns such as REST, Microservices
o Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
o Automated testing tools: Selenium, Cucumber
- Prior Experience in financial services firms
- Prior experience in Compliance or regulatory functions
- Familiarity with data science or machine learning
- Evaluating, deploying, and integrating with third party software packages
- Agile development methodologies
- Cloud technologies
- ETL tools (e.g., Informatica)
- Domain-Driven Design