We are searching for an experienced Java developer to help us build the next generation multi asset class pre-trade risk system.
The candidate will be a part of the Front Office trading technology group and will be involved in all aspects of development from design, coding and testing as well as interact with the business and provide L3 support. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to design, conduct code reviews
- Implement performant, multi-threaded server side applications
- Write clean, testable code (TDD)
- Contribute to the CI and CD infrastructure
- Diagnose and troubleshoot applications in production
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with trading equities is essential, as well as associated risk and compliance systems.
- Knowledge of futures, options, and FX is desired.
- Experience in Java on Unix/Linux is required. Experience with messaging technologies, such as Tibco, Solace and/or ZeroMQ is also needed.
- Experience with C++ is a plus
- Experience with building RESTful APIs, Spring Frameworks and MongoDB is desired.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Ant, Ivy, Ansible.
- The successful candidate will have a full understanding of building resilient systems with redundancy and failover capabilities, and demonstrated experience building such platforms.
- As this is a senior position, demonstrated ability to lead projects is desired.
- A successful candidate will be passionate about technology and will have the drive to stay abreast of the latest industry practices and technological innovations.
- Quick learner, detail oriented; demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills.