- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
The Solutions Architect is accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of a given portfolio. The Solution Architect will be accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. project managers, business analysts, strategic architects etc.) to create solutions that are aligned to the architecture principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). Within the solution development lifecycle this role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case. They will provide consulting during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases, and reengaged to perform benefits realization.
- Represent Technology Strategy & Architecture in programs/initiatives
- Create key aspects of the Business Case for a given solution with PM support
- Provide Work Effort Sizing with PM support
- Oversee and support Functional & Technical Requirements gathering
- Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial and technology objectives through documentation of systems, architectures, process flows and value-chains
- Author end to end high level design, including requirements traceability. Provide solutions where Strategic Architecture gaps exist.
- Ensure alignment of initiative level high and low designs against the agreed architectures and technology strategies.
- Provide continuous feedback between strategic and solutions architecture.
- Promote adherence of designs to bank policies and standards, architectural principles and guidelines.
- Manage tradeoffs between speed to market, quality and financial impact.
- Ensure adherence to the architecture governance processes and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
Required Skills / Experience: "Must have"
- At least 10 years experience in information technology with 4 years of financial services experience and 3 to 5 years of technology architecture experience.
- Excellent written(technical) and verbal communication
- Strong, proactive leadership capabilities - inspiring fellowship
- Ability to stimulate and participate in creative thinking for out-of-the-box solutions
- Resolving and influencing the positive outcome of conflicting objectives and priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact with and influence Senior Technical associates, Business & Operational partners, and Executives
- Work effectively within a fast-paced, cohesive Architecture team and willing to learn fast and adapt quickly to change
- The qualified individual will have significant architectural & relevant business domain experience in:
- Financial services experience in Corporate / Wholesale Banking and/or Treasury / Cash Management
- Translating complex concepts into multiple architectural "views" aimed at varying audiences
- Broad based IT knowledge and experience (Hardware, Financial Software, Middleware, Databases)
- Application development knowledge and experience (Distributed Services, Design, Analysis)
- Industry best practices in architectural methodologies and standards (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Rational Unified Process, IEEE-1471, etc...)
- Quality & productivity methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, TQM, CMM, etc...)
- Interpreting business needs and applying innovative technology solutions
- Governance and oversight processes for managing alignment of change to strategic goals
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
People Management Skills
- Talent building, Meritocracy
- Team management, project forecasting and budgeting
- Business Results - Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- Vendor selection activities - build vs. buy decisions
- Strategic Thinking - Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: