Specialist Application Support Analyst (CMIST-Treasury Services)
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon
can act as a single point of contact forclients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute orrestructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world'sfinancial assets. BNY Mellon Technology's
mission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutionsthat enhance their ability to be successful through world-class softwaresolutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide ouremployees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualificationsand careers. Our Team Clearing, Markets & Issuer ServicesTechnology
is an application development organization consisting of 2,300employees and contractors worldwide. The team is responsible for applicationdevelopment and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge(collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency paymentprocessing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with 350+other applications. Treasury Services Technology (TST)
is apremier technology organization that supports the Treasury Services (TS)business. TST provides technology solutions that enable clients to move moneyand associated information quickly, safely and reliably around the world. Wepartner with our business and operations colleagues to deliver high-qualityperformance in global payments, trade services and cash management. Together weare able to combine diverse services into solutions that help clientsstreamline transactions, optimize cash flow, manage liquidity and make paymentsmore efficiently in capital markets around the world.
The Role Treasury Services Technology
isseeking an Application Support Analyst
.You will be responsible for providing 2nd line production/operational supportfor Linux/UNIX/Windows application services. Responsibilities:
- Provide remote and onsite support for internally developed business critical applications and 3rd Party vendor packages
- Provide 24/7 on-call cover on a rotational shift basis
- Investigate defects or problems; work with the internal Development team and external vendors to identify workarounds and support any fixes that are required as part of service improvement.
- Implement changes or fixes to applications. Support other technical changes being made which affect the Business Systems
- Upgrade or maintain software at a time when the impact to the business is minimized
- Participate in regular Disaster Recovery testing activities
- Create, maintain, and review operational process and support documentation
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of major production incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization
- Professionally manageall aspects of production issues such as facilitating incident calls,escalation, notification and resolution.
- Must be able to graspthe technical descriptions of events and accurately capture the importantdetails and present them to the business in terms they understand.
- Be techno-functional and have the ability to recognize and effect changes toprocesses and procedures that reduce risk and business impact.
- Technical and personal skills for working with a diverse group of people toprovide hands-on Level 2 production support to multiple applications.
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Entry level and Junior level profiles will be considered.
- Experience with a combination of the following:
- Prior IT operational support experience across business critical Production infrastructure, applications and database services
- Strong experience of supporting Web portal applications
- Experience of supporting C#, .NET, PowerShell, Angular JS, Java based applications
- Strong experience in working with Ticket Systems, such as ServiceNow and an understanding of priorities and SLA's.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Moogsoft, Appdynamics, Splunk and Cloudprober
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change)
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time, while still being a part of a high performance team
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Industry standard IT certification - AWS / Linux / IBM MQ
- ITIL certification
- Strong experience of supporting proprietary developed business critical banking applications
- Experience of running queries against Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and DB2 databases
- Experience of supporting IBM Websphere MQ
- Experience of supporting Swift messaging applications
- Experience of Release Management processes for the deployment of application packages from development through to production environment
Strong knowledge in MainframeFundamentals. Understand the JCL programming language to quickly analyze thecause of Job Failure. Should be aware of Scheduling tools like ESP, Cybermationto monitor batch and distributed jobs. Basic understanding of COBOL and goodanalytical DB2 skills to get to the data level to track the issue. Knowledge onMQ, NDM and FTP process would be added advantage.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: