Specialist Application Support Analyst (OST Prod Services)
The Bank of New York Mellon
is a provider ofinvestment services and investment management and we are a world-renownedleader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can helpdrive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon
is thecorporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon
can act as a single point of contact forclients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute orrestructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world'sfinancial assets. BNYMellon Technology's
mission is to provide our business partners withtechnology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful throughworld-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure,and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance theirprofessional qualifications and careers. Our Team
Operations and Shared Tech (OST)
owns the ecosystem through which BNYMellon's products and services are delivered to our clients and our internalbusiness operations teams. We provideCustody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM's digital platform (NEXEN) alongwith associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio forAlternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operationaltransformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient.OST's world-class engineers build solutions with an 'empathy first' principle.We believe that our products and services are superior when we know ourclients, users, and partners - and that the more embedded we are with them andthe more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The Production Services Team
is dedicated to ensuring that ourtechnology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runsthe systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle acrossall run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose ofproviding a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our teammembers use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forthsolutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learnerwith a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's toppriorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As part of theOST Production Services team, we are looking for an Application Support Analyst.
- Maintains and supports applications and their operatingenvironments. Ensures that all service requests are addressed and resolvedwithin SLAs. Maintains service uptime & SLA as committed.
- Acts as an SME for all incidents, issues, alerts, problems andchanges related to the applications. Triaging & Prioritizing incidents,issues, alerts, problems & user support requests. Resolving moderatelycomplex application/system issues, routing, and escalating, high complexityissues (as needed), engaging the required groups including InfrastructureSupport and Application Development teams (as needed). May interact directlywith internal clients regarding ongoing issue activities
- Tracks the incident throughout the lifecycle and ensures it isclosed upon completion. Coordinates with the Senior Incident Officer/Production Services Application Lead to provide information needed for updates.Analyzes issues of moderate complexity, participates in documenting root causeand documents potential solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Monitors changes to applications and their operating environmentand provides application support input with regard to Configuration Management,Change Management, and Release Management activities.
- Reviews contingency documentation and recommends updates. Supportscontingency / recovery testing. Identifies new opportunities to streamline and improverecovery solutions.
- Identifies repeatable manual tasks and leads efforts to automate.Provides knowledge and training to new support personnel. And follows standardprocedures to document and maintain knowledge artifacts including articles forself-help and recurring issues.
- Supports regulatory compliance or audit support activities asneeded. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Strong Unix/Linux shell, navigation, commands, and scripting skills required.
- Oracle PL/SQL skills required
- Java, & JVM skills required
- Informatica or Pentaho ETL, Business Objects reporting, or Smartstream TLM products are a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: