- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
The job holder leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform distributed application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation.
Primary job responsibilities shall include:
• Design & development of client facing Weath Management applications in Java, Spring Boot
• Design & develop secure Restful APIs using Java and Spring
• Participate in design, architect and build of scalable, distributed services and applications that integrate across different technologies
• Research into new, emerging and cutting edge technology (eg - Angular, MongoDB, Mobile App Development)
• Particiapte in Agile based software development model
5 - 10 years of overall experience required and a BE/BS graduate. S/he must be experienced with new application development as well as application support. S/he must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly learn new application systems and technology. Need the ability to accurately break down complex application designs into component deliverables and estimate design and development timelines. Must have proficiency in programming languages and has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Min of 3+ years Java services development experience; advanced proficiency: Java, Spring, SpringBoot
• Restful Web Services experience required
• Mobile development experience is a plus
• Exposure to RDBMS required
• Exposure to NoSQL database is a plus
• Financial Services experience a strong plus
• Working knowledge in Agile development environment is a plus
• Experience working in geographically dispersed teams
• Computer Science related Degree or equivalent required
• Motivated, confident and enthusiastic team player with ability to mentor and develop junior staff with evidence of strong leadership skills, innovative and enthusiastic approach to solving technology problems, delivery focussed with history of achieving deliverables
• Strong communicator, both face to face and remote with experience of communicating to the Senior Leadership of an organization, ability to interact with the business to understand requirements and perform technology analysis
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Private Wealth Mgmt Technology-HR13730
Requisition Number: 1813619