Specialist, Full Stack Developer, Java 8+, Spring Framework
Specialist, Full Stack Developer, Java 8+, Spring Framework What do we do:
Alternative Investment Services (AIS) provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients' unique needs. It offers a comprehensive suite of services to support and facilitate the management, administration and oversight of clients' entire investment portfolio, notably Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Investor Services. Here in AIS Technology, we are a group of over 200 technologists and managers who are passionately engaged in creating solutions to the industry's most complex challenges.
Our team, iHUB, is the driving force behind AIS innovations that enables state of the art asset services to our clients. iHUB is at the forefront of BNY Mellon's digital transformation and offers the opportunity to work with senior digital leaders across the firm. iHUB works across multiple lines of business to address clients' priorities and regulatory concerns, all made possible by a truly cross-functional team that re-imagines challenging business problems and builds new solutions. Candidates will gain tangible experience in new digital ways of working and problem solving, using cutting-edge technologies, real-time data analytics as well as defined business process models.
In iHUB, we focus on accelerating the firm's digital initiatives, exploring ideas, transforming the way we work, partnering with clients and the wider ecosystem to develop solutions that better service our firm and our clients, and shape the industry. You are the right fit for this role if you :
Role Description and Responsibilities:
- Delivery-focused and aspire to strive to ship high quality code
- Have strong aptitude for both logical and creative thinking
- Have hands-on approach to work
- Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges
- Enjoy working in fast paced collaborative, agile and cross functional environment
- Are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and solutioning using new methodologies and/or technologies
Full Stack Engineer is a hands-on role, the candidate will be responsible for every aspect of software development, architectural design, building front end to back end services, integration with different systems, to setting up continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
- Develop and maintain software solutions for iHUB core applications.
- Propose technical solution and recommendation
- Work hands-on across the entire software stack comfortably
- Investigate production incidents and provide accurate and timely remediation as needed.
- Execute deployments - including production releases -- and/or perform post deployment validation.
- Meet and interact with development team to discuss requirements, code reviews, and design decisions.
- Provide thorough documentation, design diagrams, and playbooks for new features, processes as well as critical bug fixes.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems.
- Application performance tuning
- Fast learner and have interests to learn new technology stacks / frameworks as needed
- Collaborate with engineering peers to foster great engineering culture and productivity
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with the Java programming language (Java 8 and higher), with full understanding of OO programing and design
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with Spring Framework and all its subdomains - e.g. Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Data, Spring REST, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, just to name a few
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with at least one RDBMS, preferably SQL Server or Oracle
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with SQL queries, scrips and stored procedures
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with testing frameworks - e.g. MockMvc, Mockito, JUnit 5
- Applicant must have hands-on experience working with infrastructure frameworks such as Maven, Git and Jenkins
- Applicant must be able to work independently
- Applicant must be creative and exhibits above-average problem-solving skills
- Applicant must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience working with containers
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with Enterprise Integration Pattern (EIP) is a plus
- Experience working with a business process model and notation framework - e.g. Drools, Acitiviti and/or Camunda - is a plus
- Experience working with Apache Kafka is a plus
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 5-7 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting front end and back end development required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: