Specialist, Product Management
TheTreasury Services business within BNY Mellon services the payments, liquiditymanagement and trade financing needs of our clients in the US andinternationally, assisting them in their efforts to optimize cash flow, ensureadequate liquidity and manage risk - all essential components to their success.
Today, we are a recognized leader, influencingthe industry, assisting our clients through changes in our environment andguiding them toward new technologies that will lay the foundation for theirlong-term success, while also meeting their very real need to continue to usethe proven solutions they have traditionally relied upon. We continue to striveto bring faster processes, simpler interactions, actionable data and insightsinto what rapidly evolving digital solutions promise to deliver in the future.And while we are committed to the digital transformation of our industry, wealso want our clients to know that we are balancing that enthusiasm with acontinued focus on providing the stability and reliability they have come toexpect from us. We deliver our solutions with a dedication to unsurpassedcustomer satisfaction, an approach that has continually earned us excellentcustomer service ratings.
The Digital Product Manager within Channels team will partner closelywith senior product manager to drive product management and development effortsfor channel products (Electronic Banking / Online Banking Portal / ClientAccess Channels).
The ideal candidate will work independently tomanage a range of moderately complex products from development to sales anddelivery. Products can be domestic, regional, or global in nature. Supportsmore experienced colleagues with relevant competitive, market and/or financialanalyses to gain breadth/depth of knowledge in relevant products, services andplatforms. Develops ideas for product enhancements and/or expansion to otherregions/lines of business based on the risk and regulatory environment surroundingthe products under development. Coordinates the management, development, andenhancement of products in order to meet operating plan financials assigned toproducts profitability goals by pricing, developing, selling, and analyzingcustomer sales trends. Includes collaboration with Operations, Technology,Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. as part of new product development, enhancement,delivery, strategy, and planning. Employs a client-focused, strategic approachto develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace throughin-depth analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industryenvironment. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, themarketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximizeprofitability across varying stages of their life cycle. Researches andsupports product profitability by pricing for the assigned product or productline in order to achieve operating plan revenue goals. Performs ad-hoccompetitive analyzes, market research, and regulatory research. Performstechnical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients whilealso preparing sales materials and training BNY Mellon professionals. Guidesjunior product managers and directs efforts of operations and systems managersas they implement systems and processes for clients and ensures compliancemeasures are followed. No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experiencedcolleagues as needed. Contributes to the achievement of multiple related teamsobjectives and profitability of assigned product(s) Responsibilities
- Own and drive the Online Banking product roadmap based onan informed understanding of customer needs, business goals, and competitivelandscape.
- Lead product initiatives with partners, UI/UXdevelopment with hands-on skills on prototyping, product requirementsdefinition, deliverables planning and execution through agile process todeliver superior end-to-end customer experience through the Channel services.
- Translate product roadmap into detailedrequirements and user stories for complex features, functionality and products.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technicaland business insights.
- Collaborate with a big global team acrossProduct Management, Technology, Operations, Risk and different businessfunctions to ensure fluid integration of features and alignment with relatedgo-to-market activities.
- Participate in the QA process to ensure thefinal product meets the business design.
- Lead go-to-market plan with training,communications and collateral development for clients and internal teams likeoperations and sales.
- Clearly solicit feedback and distill vision,strategy, product benefits and results to our internal customers.
- Monitor impact of product features and keymetrics.
- Troubleshoot product issues and answerproduct questions - be a product champion.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors' degreeor the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years oftotal work experience preferred.
- Experience inProduct Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFApreferred.
- Product LeadershipCertification preferred.
- Applicablelocal/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: