Specialist Project Manager – Technology
Specialist Project Manager - Technology
- Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- May allocate/coordinate work within projects.
- Manages and oversees end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
- Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure.
- Assists in developing detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Contributes to vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met.
- Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
- Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
- Has experience working within an Agile environment.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 6 - 8 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: