Sr.Specialist, Product Management
TheTreasury Services business within BNY Mellon services the payments, liquiditymanagement and trade financing needs of our clients in the US andinternationally, assisting them in their efforts to optimize cash flow, ensureadequate liquidity and manage risk - all essential components to their success.
Today, we are a recognized leader, influencingthe industry, assisting our clients through changes in our environment andguiding them toward new technologies that will lay the foundation for theirlong-term success, while also meeting their very real need to continue to usethe proven solutions they have traditionally relied upon. We continue to striveto bring faster processes, simpler interactions, actionable data and insightsinto what rapidly evolving digital solutions promise to deliver in the future.And while we are committed to the digital transformation of our industry, wealso want our clients to know that we are balancing that enthusiasm with acontinued focus on providing the stability and reliability they have come toexpect from us. We deliver our solutions with a dedication to unsurpassedcustomer satisfaction, an approach that has continually earned us excellentcustomer service ratings.
The Digital Product Manager within Channels team will partner closelywith senior product manager to drive product management and development effortsfor channel products (Electronic Banking / Online Banking Portal / ClientAccess Channels).
The ideal candidate will lead product management,development and strategy for large and/or complex products. Usually assigned toproduct areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertiseon industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings. Developsideas for new products. Ensures that risk, regulations, and market conditionsare accounted for throughout the life-cycle of developed products. Analyzescomplex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than oneproduct. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate businessacumen. Independently manages the development, enhancement, and profitabilityof assigned products and performs both operational and marketing analysis toensure profitability and penetration goals are met. Manages relationship withOperations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. to ensure differentrequirements are met during the new product development, enhancement, delivery,strategy, and planning processes. Employs a client-focused, strategic approachto develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace throughin-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape andindustry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge ofassigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive productgrowth/development and maximize profitability. Creates product managementroadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Leadspricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits andcompetitive advantages. Engages with Sales and relationship Management insupporting business sales. Performs technical training, demonstration anddevelops user guides for clients while also preparing sales materials andtraining BNY Mellon professionals. Guides junior product managers and directsand works with operations and systems managers during product implementation toensure operating plan goals are met. No direct reports. Provides guidance toless experienced colleagues as needed. May lead others on project teams.Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assignedproduct(s). Responsibilities
- Own and drive the Online Banking product roadmap based onan informed understanding of customer needs, business goals, and competitivelandscape.
- Lead product initiatives with partners, UI/UXdevelopment with hands-on skills on prototyping, product requirementsdefinition, deliverables planning and execution through agile process todeliver superior end-to-end customer experience through the Channel services.
- Translate product roadmap into detailedrequirements and user stories for complex features, functionality and products.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technicaland business insights.
- Collaborate with a big global team acrossProduct Management, Technology, Operations, Risk and different businessfunctions to ensure fluid integration of features and alignment with relatedgo-to-market activities.
- Participate in the QA process to ensure thefinal product meets the business design.
- Lead go-to-market plan with training,communications and collateral development for clients and internal teams likeoperations and sales.
- Clearly solicit feedback and distill vision,strategy, product benefits and results to our internal customers.
- Monitor impact of product features and keymetrics.
- Troubleshoot product issues and answerproduct questions - be a product champion.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors' degreeor the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years oftotal work experience preferred.
- Experience inProduct Management, operations, client management preferred.
- MBA or CFApreferred.
- Product LeadershipCertification preferred.
- Applicablelocal/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: