- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 17
Sr. Financial Analyst- Expense Planning
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Corporate Planning team is looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst to work on expense financial planning and analysis in support of the Moody's Analytics business.
- Work with team to manage and support all phases of the expense financial planning process
- Assist with the develop of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and 5-year strategic plans in conjunction with senior stakeholders across Moody's Analytics
- Manage P&L actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close process and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the accounting team to make any necessary reclasses
- Responsible for position management and compensation modeling for assigned business lines
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses
- Present manager with recommendations for resolving issues and improving processes
- Work closely with offshore staff in Costa Rica to ensure planning activities and reporting are performed with satisfactory results
- Interact with Moody's Analytics senior management team, Moody's Analytics sales/revenue FP&A team, Business and Corporate Planning colleagues, Accounting, HR, and Corporate Development
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3-5 years solid work experience in financial planning and analysis
- Prior forecasting and budgeting, and variance reporting experience required
- Strong analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Experience operating with offshore resources a plus
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Smartview is essential
- Exposure to working with general ledger and human resource systems (PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, etc,)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.