Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 25 Mar 19
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Responsible for the governance and oversight of the technology that comprises the Data Center and office infrastructure. Fulfills lead technical role for the Data Center team, engaging with CME architecture and vendor partners to evaluate effectiveness of existing network, evaluate new technology, and establish future direction.
o Have an understanding of all the Data Center specific hardware / material.
o Knowledge of all parts to fully spec, assemble and test structured cabling between any 10g - 40G - 100g application for day to day use and specific to trading platforms. (Fiber, Copper, Coax, etc..)
o Full working knowledge of all cabinet level hardware, and industry standard cable management, documentation, and labeling standards / best practices.
o Ability to distinguish the difference between all available power options at the cabinet level, and the ability calculate full cabinet and RPP loads.
o Understanding of the different trades required to complete low and high voltage work with in a data center.
o Have the fundamental networking skills needed to troubleshoot and configure a variety of network devices. (subnetting, vlans, etc.)
o Experience troubleshooting server OS, hardware (memory, motherboards, storage) and connectivity issues.
• AV Leadership: Demonstrates ability to lead a team of folks that are either direct or indirect reports with guidance from lead. Ability to mentor and lead peers on initiatives. Takes ownership of initiatives with little to no guidance.
• AV Software and Hardware: Maintains and supports the hardware architecture and speak to all its components.
• AV Support: Demonstrates ability to support a meeting request by setting up a bridge and video conferencing with no assistance.
• AV Troubleshooting: Utilizes TMS to its fullest in support of the video conferencing environment. Demonstrates the ability to assist in project initiatives.
• Demonstrates knowledge of equipment cabinet capacity as well as high and low voltage utilization calculations.
• Participates in project assistance, interacting directly with internal and external customers.
• Participates in the inventory auditing and purchasing process.
• Participates in the QA and beta testing of all infrastructure applications.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- MS Office Suite, Intelligent Infrastructure (iPatch)
- Inventory Control Software (RedBeam)
- IT Asset Management Software (RF Code)
- Environmental Monitoring Software (RF C0de)
- Security Surveillance Software (Genetec)
- Cisco OS
- SolidWorks & SketchUp
- Building Controls / Data center infrastructure management Tools (Siemens Data center Clarity)