We are The Mobile Bank
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do. About the opportunity
We are seeking a seasoned PR Manager who will lead PR strategy in the US and drive organic growth and business goals in the US. This is a well-rounded role where you'll get to lead PR Strategy in the US and work across: journalism, blogging, context creation, organizing speaking engagements and interviews within the consumer technology space.
A little bit about us.. We are a tight knit team of data driven cross-functional marketers who support the acquisition, growth and expansion of our customer base. Our PR journey so far has been an incredible experience where we've been able to shape and craft the story of N26 in the US from conception back in 2017 to launch in August of 2019.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies , and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use. In this role, you will:
What you need to be successful: Background:
- Own PR/Communications Strategy: Develop PR strategy, plan and PR calendar ensuring an always-on, steady drumbeat of media moments and compelling PR stories that maintains a positive and high share of voice in the U.S
- Brand / Product Launch Support: Manage the execution in conjunction with our PR agency in support of marketing and brand campaigns and product launches
- Thought Leadership: Interface with C-suite executives and other leadership to craft internal and external messaging.
- Ensure effective positioning of N26 as a thought leader through interviews with our key executives including our U.S. CEO, founders, and key US members of US leadership. This includes actively managing all public speaker opportunities and conference activities
- Partnership: Manage communications around high profile partnerships with brands
- PR/Comms Materials: Conceptualize and direct design team on the creation of compelling visual assets (images, infographics, gifs, videos, etc.) to support communications goals
- Media Monitoring: Manage all monitoring, documentation and reporting for the U.S. market including Gather engagement analytics and qualitative feedback to measure the success of internal communications initiatives
- Crisis Management: Provide mentorship and support to our US marketing and leadership team in the areas such as crisis management
- Scale PR Needs: Work with US Head of Marketing to ensure we are set up with the budgets and resources needed to scale
- A successful track record of developing media strategies, identifying story angles and securing top tier coverage
- About 10+ years experience in consumer public relations, PR agency or marketing communications roles
- Adept at placing meaningful stories both when there is news and when there is not
- Experience managing agencies and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Experience working with startups and/or consumer internet companies
- Existing media network or deep understanding of the U.S. media landscape
- Dedication and demonstration of creative and critical thinking abilities, and can confidently provide strategic points-of-view to the US Leadership team
- Hands on experience coding HTML for email templates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and detailed project management skills
- Self-motivated and passion about consumer technology and values-based communications issues, and possess a positive team-player attitude
- You are comfortable working in a fast moving environment which would require flexibility and the ability to dive in and out of execution and strategy
- Naturally curious and thrive on maintaining current knowledge of trends and the competitive landscape, and proactively refine our PR opportunities with the US Head of Marketing and marketing teams
- Ability to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment displaying excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback