Sr. Specialist,Product Management
The Treasury Services business within BNY Mellonservices the payments, liquidity management and trade financing needs of ourclients in the US and internationally, assisting them in their efforts to optimizecash flow, ensure adequate liquidity and manage risk - all essential componentsto their success.
Today, we are a recognized leader, influencingthe industry, assisting our clients through changes in our environment andguiding them toward new technologies that will lay the foundation for theirlong-term success, while also meeting their very real need to continue to usethe proven solutions they have traditionally relied upon. We continue to striveto bring faster processes, simpler interactions, actionable data and insightsinto what rapidly evolving digital solutions promise to deliver in the future.And while we are committed to the digital transformation of our industry, wealso want our clients to know that we are balancing that enthusiasm with acontinued focus on providing the stability and reliability they have come toexpect from us. We deliver our solutions with a dedication to unsurpassedcustomer satisfaction, an approach that has continually earned us excellentcustomer service ratings.
The Digital Product Manager within Channels team will partner closelywith senior product manager to drive product management and development effortsfor channel products (APIs).
The ideal candidate will lead product management,development and strategy for large and/or complex products. Usually assigned toproduct areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertiseon industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings. Developsideas for new products. Ensures that risk, regulations, and market conditionsare accounted for throughout the life-cycle of developed products. Analyzescomplex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more thanone product. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstratebusiness acumen. Independently manages the development, enhancement, andprofitability of assigned products and performs both operational and marketinganalysis to ensure profitability and penetration goals are met. Managesrelationship with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. toensure different requirements are met during the new product development,enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes. Employs aclient-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firmofferings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on clientsegments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depthand comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and clientneeds to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Createsproduct management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and successmetrics. Leads pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitivedifferentiators. Positions products for specific client segments, highlightingkey benefits and competitive advantages. Engages with Sales and relationshipManagement in supporting business sales. Performs technical training,demonstration and develops user guides for clients while also preparing salesmaterials and training BNY Mellon professionals. Guides junior product managersand directs and works with operations and systems managers during productimplementation to ensure operating plan goals are met. No direct reports.Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. May lead others onproject teams. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitabilityof assigned product(s). Responsibilities
- Own and drive the API product roadmap based on an informedunderstanding of customer needs, business goals, and competitive landscape.
- Lead product initiatives with partners, UI/UXdevelopment with hands-on skills on prototyping, product requirementsdefinition, deliverables planning and execution through agile process todeliver superior end-to-end customer experience through the Channel services.
- Translate product roadmap into detailedrequirements and user stories for complex features, functionality and products.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technicaland business insights.
- Collaborate with a big global team acrossProduct Management, Technology, Operations, Risk and different businessfunctions to ensure fluid integration of features and alignment with relatedgo-to-market activities.
- Participate in the QA process to ensure thefinal product meets the business design.
- Lead go-to-market plan with training,communications and collateral development for clients and internal teams likeoperations and sales.
- Clearly solicit feedback and distill vision,strategy, product benefits and results to our internal customers.
- Monitor impact of product features and keymetrics.
- Troubleshoot product issues and answerproduct questions - be a product champion.
• Bachelor's degreeor the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• 7-10 years oftotal work experience preferred.
• Experience inProduct Management, operations, client management preferred.
• MBA or CFApreferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred.
• Applicablelocal/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: