Sr. Specialist Developer - Java
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
This position is part of an Asset Servicing to grow our Custody technology. This investment will position Custody to initiate a target state architecture that supports all elements of Custody by building modern distributed applications over our existing technologies. Qualifications
• Experience in the securities or financialservices industry is a plus.
• Knowledge on SWIFT message types is aplus.
• Deep understanding of the softwaredevelopment life cycle.
• Excellent communication skills (writtenand verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solvingskills and the ability to work well independently.
• Experience with complex systemintegration projects.
• Experience working with businessanalysts, database administrators, project managers and technical architects inmultiple geographical areas.
Technical Skills (Distributed)
• Java, Spring, Spring Boot, J2EE DesignPatterns, REST services
• Strong Knowledge of SQL, JDBC, Unixcommands
• Hands-on experience in DB - Oracle or DB2
• Deployment Acquaintance in Apache Tomcator Weblogic
• Expertise in Test driven development(Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Build tool(Maven) andVersion Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)• Expertise in Testdriven development (Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Buildtool(Maven) and Version Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: