Sr Specialist Info Security Analyst- Incident Response Analyst
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively. As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
Incident Response analyst reports to the regional Incident Response Lead. The role serves as the incident responder performing technical services for cyber security incident investigations and assessing scope of incident damage.
- Assists in preparation of internal and external communications.
- Provides recommendations to resolve incident and/or reduce impact of incident, and to prevent future similar incidents.
- Provides technical services needed for cyber incident response investigations including, containment, eradication and remediation activities.
- Responsible for assessing scope of incident damage and incident severity.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation throughout a cyber incident.
- Assist in the drafting of post-incident reports to senior leadership to convey impact, origin, root cause, and remediation.
- Incident Response Maintains on-call availability for a 24x7x365 coverage.
Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline and two or more years of progressive professional experience in cyber security or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be replaced in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of cyber security incident response and forensics analysis principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and managing work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals and team mates.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
GCIH, CISSP BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: