Work closely with Schroders investment teams and Hartford Advisor Consultants (AC) and their internal advisor consultants (IAC) to position our investment strategies in a clear, compelling and convincing manner to a range of financial advisors. Excellent communication skills and expertise in our investment strategies as well as general capital markets insights are imperative as this position will have a high level of visibility, representing our investments and company to the financial advisor community in concert with Hartford Advisor Consultants. Individual should have a capital markets background and demonstrated success in a research or client portfolio manager role. High level understanding of Sustainable Investing is required, it is a key differentiator for the Schroders brand globally and a key component of our growth plans with Hartford Funds. Responsibilities
- Collaboration and partnership with Hartford Advisor Consultants to generate FA level sales in Hartford Schroders funds with a target of achieving meaningful gross and net flows.
- Build compelling sales ideas to assist the Hartford Advisor Consultants in positioning our investment strategies.
- Work with Key Accounts team at Hartford Funds to get Schroders strategies approved on platforms
- Continual interaction with Schroders investment teams to establish and maintain superior expertise across asset classes and ensure timely delivery of notable portfolio insights.
- Develop a plan to maintain constant information flow to Hartford Advisor Consultants within region - ensure Hartford team is highly educated on all aspects of Schroders strategies.
- Maintain expertise in capital markets to provide insight to Hartford Advisor Consultants while assisting in all aspects of the sales process.
- Collaborate in developing sales and target marketing campaigns and materials that are aligned with Hartford's organizational vision and strategies for growth.
- Ensure a properly maintained CRM.
- Expertise in utilization of Morningstar and hypothetical portfolio allocation programs.
- Help create new and update existing final presentations for Hartford.
- Coaches and mentors as appropriate, identifies training needs and assists in development programs.
- Prepare reports to ensure Schroders management teams are appropriately updated as to the success of partnership.
- Excellence in public speaking is required.
- Travel is a requirement, likely 50% of the time.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Finance/Economics, or math related field. Advanced degree or CFA preferred.
- 7 or more years' experience in an investment environment, with emphasis on equity or fixed income products
- Outstanding established writing and communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong Excel spreadsheet experience and excellent knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Must be very well organized and willing to learn
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.