Strategy & Business Development Associate
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $58 billion in assets, employs more than 1,600 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth ("BIG") team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. We are an integrated, global team that is tasked with framing strategic opportunities for Two Sigma group and executing via investment, acquisition, incubation and partnership. A key focus of our work is defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in leading and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology - as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces.
In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, corporate development and operational excellence. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact. You will work on a wide-range of initiatives including:
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Firm-wide strategic projects to define the future of Two Sigma and how we get there
- Incubation of new businesses: working on exciting growth initiatives from conception to execution
- Strategic investments - sourcing, conducting diligence on and executing deals
- Partnerships with other leading firms to drive strategic outcomes
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- 12-24 months of experience in roles within the fields of management consulting, investment banking, and other technology/investment-related roles
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior stakeholders;
- BA / BS degree - majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.