Strategy & Business Intelligence Associate
Fitch Solutions Strategy and Business Intelligence (SBI) provides business stakeholders with strategic guidance founded on analytics of internal data and actionable insights. Typical areas of analysis / evaluation include but are not limited to client use of FS products; overall client health; performance against Fitch Solutions Key Performance Indicators; progress of strategic initiatives spanning FS Sales, Service, Marketing, Product, and Lines of Business. Ultimately, SBI directly supports continued growth and improved effectiveness of the Fitch Solutions business.
The position will be based out of Fitch's Hearst Tower office in New York City. Role Responsibilities
Required Experience & Skills
- Conceive, develop, and execute actionable analyses which inform senior leadership on customer and business trends, guide internal initiatives, and inform decision-making.
- Provide insights and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders based on SBI's integrated understanding of information spanning the organization.
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and partners; define and/or document business requirements for new analyses / business intelligence tool enhancements.
- Continuously improve data quality and team efficiency through use of business intelligence / productivity tools.
- 0-2 years of experience developing strategic analyses and insights in a similar function (strategy consultancy, internal business analytics, business intelligence,)
- Undergraduate degree demonstrating outstanding performance and an analytical background / skillset (ie statistics, mathematics, economics, finance); data science background preferred but not required.
- Experience / interest in institutional financial services or information services preferred but not required.
- Analytical / critical thinking skills; comfort with large / complex datasets. Advanced Excel skills required; experience with business intelligence tools and platforms (e.g. Alteryx, Qlik, Salesforce, Macabacus) desired.
- Ability to develop insights / business recommendations aligned to business questions and stakeholder needs
- Clear and concise written / verbal communication skills; able to tell a compelling story using data and quantitative metrics, and confidently deliver it to a senior audience
- Ability to structure and organize projects / workstreams, balance and transition among priorities, and manage roadblocks; commitment to excellence
- Proven skill building relationships with internal stakeholders, and effectively capturing and summarizing user insights, perspective, or requirements for business intelligence / reporting
- Evaluation / synthesis of qualitative information, such as client or secondary research
- Eagerness to learn, solve problems, and collaborate
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.